Why Choose Williamsville?
Alcoholism and substance abuse are complex problems. The staff at our rehab center in Richmond, VA uses their wide range of knowledge and experience in the addiction and mental health fields to help patients get better. Our addiction treatment center staff includes professionals with successful recovery. The treatment team works synergistically to help patients reach their recovery goals – including holding a daily “working lunch” where they communicate treatment needs for each patient.
Williamsville Wellness is In-Network
Start learning and see if you qualify today!
Alcohol & Substance
A 28 Day Comprehensive Program.
At Williamsville Wellness, we believe that the key to successful and lasting recovery is through individual attention. Where other addiction treatment centers rely primarily on group therapy, we provide 15+ one-on-one sessions per week with our multidisciplinary staff.
The Only Residential Center in the United States Licensed to Treat Gambling Addiction.
These two words in our license to treat speak to the quality of the care and expertise of the staff. Virginia recognizes that Gambling Addiction is a specific area of expertise offered at Williamsville Wellness, as opposed to other centers which are licensed to treat mental disorders, a very broad category.
Our Williamsville IOP (Intensive OutPatient) program treatment combines comprehensive, holistic therapy with technology for high program engagement and participation, resulting in increased personal success.
- More one-on-one counseling
- Exposure to multiple addiction treatment therapies
- Custom rehabilitation plans
- Increased program engagement
- Enhanced support for technology
Meet Our Team
Williamsville Wellness – Holistic Addiction Treatment
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Williamsville Wellness right for me?
Genetic factors and many other bio/psycho/social/spiritual factors contribute to the development of addiction. While we may not be able to change biology, we can help individuals learn how to manage their addiction and achieve recovery through our program.
Treatment is appropriate when substance use behaviors continue despite adverse consequences for the person and others. Consequences may be interpersonal, financial, occupational, or legal (to name a few). Residential treatment may be appropriate if you or your loved one has been unable to stay sober in the home environment or through outpatient means and services – meaning that they are still using even after seeking individual therapy, attending 12-step meetings, or being involved in an IOP (intensive outpatient program).
What is a typical weekday schedule like for patients?
Sample daily schedule
8:00 – 8:40 Breakfast
8:50 – 9:30: Individual Therapy
9:40 – 10:20: Group Therapy
10:30 – 11:10: Individual Therapy
11:20 – 12:00: Hypnotherapy
12:10 – 1:00: Lunch
1:00 – 1:40: Group Therapy
1:50 – 2:30: Individual Therapy
2:40 – 3:20: Massage
3:30 – 4:10: Individual Therapy
4:10 – 4:50 – Exercise
5:00 – 6:00: Free Time
6:00 – 7:00: Dinner
7:00 – 9:00 AA/GA Meeting/Free Time/Tasks
What should I bring with me to Williamsville Wellness?
• Electronics — cell phone, laptop, tablet, Kindle, iPod are all allowed. Keep in mind your cell phone usage may be restricted if it interferes with your treatment. There is a safe on site to lock up any valuables.
• Smartwatch or fitness tracker — if you already have one. If not, one will be provided to you during your treatment.
• Personal hygiene items and toiletries
• Money for personal expenditures
• Personal clothes and shoes — We have a casual dress code and suggest you focus on comfortable clothing. We have a fully equipped gym and exercise is part of our therapy program, so be sure to bring loose fitting and comfortable workout clothes and sneakers. We also have laundry facilities on site and suggest bringing about a week’s worth of outfits.
• For any medications or vitamin supplements:
Bring a 30 day supply of all currently prescribed medications in their original bottle; the name on the bottle must match the patient’s name. Any over-the-counter medications must be in original and sealed/unopened packages. Vitamins and supplements must be in original and sealed/unopened packages
• Please do not bring:
Mouthwash, perfume, or any other products containing alcohol
Weapons of any kind (e.g., pocket knives, guns, etc.)
Overly revealing clothing or any clothing/accessories depicting alcohol or drug-related items. We reserve the right to remove someone from a session in order to have them change into something more appropriate.
We provide bedding, pillows, linens, towels, laundry detergent, and toilet paper. Our kitchen is fully stocked with various foods, snacks, and drinks that are shared with everyone